WHO WE ARE...
At Double Good, we are all about creating and sharing joy. Our virtual fundraising app connects teams with their supporters to help athletes, coaches, and students do what they love. Our handcrafted ultra-premium popcorn is made to order and 50% of the sales return to the event organizers. These funds turn into uniforms, safety pads, cleats, calculators, test tubes, travel opportunities, and brand new experiences- and that creates our joy.
Our social initiatives echo our values and passions. The Double Good Kids Foundation partners with purposeful organizations to benefit students and athletes facing physical, intellectual, and financial barriers. Our goal is to push the boundaries of access in academic and athletic activities by contributing experiences, equipment, and educational opportunities to the communities that crave them the most. We strive to level the playing field and enrich the diversity of participants.
So far, we have helped raise over $100M to fuel kids’ passions nationwide. We are dedicated to improving our products and experiences to expand our reach and continue to empower kids of all abilities to do more of what they love. That’s how we create joy together.
YOU CAN DO THESE THINGS...
- Install, operate and maintain cooking, packaging and bagging equipment (conveyors, kettles, poppers, VFFS, fillers, labelers, coding systems & inspection equipment)
- Develop and perform preventative maintenance on equipment to reduce failure
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing failures
- Ability to tig weld stainless steel and solder copper pipe
- Facility repairs up to and including; painting, replacing light bulbs, pallet rack repairs, etc.
- Safely repair electrical systems including up to high voltage, thermocouples, heating elements, temperature controllers, frequency drives, motor testing and photo eyes. Ability to run short conduit runs to and from a motor control panel
- Identify improvement projects to reduce overall downtime and increase throughput
- Understand drawings, equipment manuals and P&IDs
- Assess work orders, plan jobs, and kit full jobs
- Use lean manufacturing principles to improve communication and problem solving
- Utilize a CMMS system to accurately document work performed
- Be an effective communicator with production workers, managers, and fellow mechanics
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by checking out parts and reordering by issuing parts requests
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of GMP’s and follow all food safety guidelines
YOU’RE GOOD AT AND ENJOY…
- Learning all there is to know about manufacturing and preventative maintenance
- Being a self-starter and having ownership of the equipment and facility
- Troubleshooting, getting better everyday and working as a team
- Working effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Teaching yourself and applying it to a solution. Share knowledge learned with others
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work the hours of 12:30-9:00PM
- Availability to cover 1st shift vacations as needed
- 3+ years of experience in a maintenance role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- H.S Diploma or other relevant work experience
- History of taking on challenges and succeeding
- Proven record of exceptional performance consistently over time
- Professional Degree, Certificate or Apprenticeship
- Experience in a performance-based environment (lean, six sigma, TPS)
- Green or Black Belt in Six Sigma
- Experience in food manufacturing or high-volume fulfillment operations
- Competitive Pay
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 3% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
Ok we’ve talked enough, let’s move to the next step! We’d love to get a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for this role. Also, please tell us what your favorite childhood candy was, oh, and please be yourself.