WHO WE ARE...
At Double Good, we are all about creating and sharing joy. Our virtual fundraising app connects teams with their supporters to help athletes, coaches, and students do what they love. Our handcrafted ultra-premium popcorn is made to order and 50% of the sales return to the event organizers. These funds turn into uniforms, safety pads, cleats, calculators, test tubes, travel opportunities, and brand new experiences- and that creates our joy.
Our social initiatives echo our values and passions. The Double Good Kids Foundation partners with purposeful organizations to benefit students and athletes facing physical, intellectual, and financial barriers. Our goal is to push the boundaries of access in academic and athletic activities by contributing experiences, equipment, and educational opportunities to the communities that crave them the most. We strive to level the playing field and enrich the diversity of participants.
So far, we have helped raise over $100M to fuel kids’ passions nationwide. We are dedicated to improving our products and experiences to expand our reach and continue to empower kids of all abilities to do more of what they love. That’s how we create joy together.
YOU CAN DO THESE THINGS...
- Serve as a Senior Leader on Double Good’s People Team to support operations in Burr Ridge to bring our purpose to life and help our team members to reach their potential, while managing risk and compliance
- Leadership & Business Partnering - Lead the front line leadership development practices. Hold responsibility for change management and organizational development while supporting the departmental leaders.
- Compliance - Partner with our Finance team to ensure Payroll compliance and accuracy. Promote, educate and ensure adherence with the Double Good Operating System. Develop & Administer Policies and Internal Processes, as well as maintain the Employee Handbook for Operations. Assist with Government Reporting and maintain records for all employees in Burr Ridge.
- Talent Acquisition - Recruit & Onboard all exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions on our Operations Team in Burr Ridge. Create and maintain an Employee Succession and Retention Strategy
- Creating Joy Internally -Follow Employee Relations Best Practices. Provide Coaching and Support for Day to Day Issues including Performance Management. Manage Recognition & Engagement Programs/Awards, Special Events, Internal Communications for our Operations Team
- Training/L&D - Design the Learning & Development programs that our Operations Team needs. Create & maintain training programs/records, and design a program for Continuous Skills Development
YOU’RE GOOD AT AND ENJOY...
- You enjoy working in a manufacturing environment and are comfortable spending time on the production floor
- You are comfortable with a high volume workload and work best when you are in the weeds
- Empathetic HR professional who strives to ensure all employees have a great working experience
- Passionate about people and possess a servant leadership mentality
- Go-getter with ideas and the follow through to accomplish them from start to finish
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee happiness and retention
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS...
- Highly Organized & Detail Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Knowledge of HR Legal Requirements
- Passionate about People
- Extremely detail-oriented and thorough
- You have your Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of HR experience working in fast paced, manufacturing environments
- Not afraid to question the process
- Someone who is extremely driven and is willing to go the extra mile to find the perfect candidate for any role or the solution to any problem
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- PHR or SHRM Certified
- Competitive pay
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids
- Relaxed, fast-paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear.)
- Regular outings, fun environment, state of the art manufacturing facility in Burr Ridge
- 401k with 3% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
OK, we’ve talked enough — let’s hear from you! We’d love to get a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for this role. Please also tell us what your favorite childhood candy was, and oh, please be yourself. We are interested in knowing who you are!