WHO WE ARE...
At Double Good, we are all about creating and sharing joy. Our virtual fundraising app connects teams with their supporters to help athletes, coaches, and students do what they love. Our handcrafted ultra-premium popcorn is made to order and 50% of the sales return to the event organizers. These funds turn into uniforms, safety pads, cleats, calculators, test tubes, travel opportunities, and brand new experiences- and that creates our joy.
Our social initiatives echo our values and passions. The Double Good Kids Foundation partners with purposeful organizations to benefit students and athletes facing physical, intellectual, and financial barriers. Our goal is to push the boundaries of access in academic and athletic activities by contributing experiences, equipment, and educational opportunities to the communities that crave them the most. We strive to level the playing field and enrich the diversity of participants.
So far, we have helped raise over $100M to fuel kids’ passions nationwide. We are dedicated to improving our products and experiences to expand our reach and continue to empower kids of all abilities to do more of what they love. That’s how we create joy together.
YOU CAN DO THESE THINGS…
- Provide accurate and timely financial information, including variance analysis and highlighting key trends (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, & Cash Flow)
- Lead and scale a world-class Controllership function focused on Protecting the House
- Develop a customized Controller Handbook based on past experiences and assessment of Double Good operations and train/operate against it
- Act as the in-house expert in changing GAAP guidance and other regulatory issues, including sales and income tax
- Own compliance and risk related functions of the business
- Develop meaningful cross-functional relationships as a Trusted Advisor by providing actionable insights
YOU’RE GOOD AT AND ENJOY…
- You are passionate about accounting and you have a thirst for technical knowledge growth
- You have the ability to be the voice of technical compliance, ensuring that Double Good is meeting all applicable regulatory and compliance standards
- Contract review, trademarks, insurance audits, internal controls, 401k administration, compliance committee, etc...if it's compliance related, you got it!
- Developing monthly reporting and insights that go beyond the numbers, expressed in a narrative that is easy to understand regardless of the users level of financial acumen
- Being a part of a Growth Mindset organization
- Partnering with the executive leadership team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS…
- 4+ Years Public Accounting experience
- 15+ Years of relevant experience, including privately held and/or manufacturing entities
- Several years of experience in a Controllership role and interested in making a career out of it
- The ability to articulate complex information in a simplified format
- The ability to prioritize and work autonomously on projects through completion
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to research, document, and apply accounting guidance when necessary to solve complex problems
- A Lean Mindset! You do more with less and are passionate about automation and streamlining processes vs. growing headcount
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- CPA or CMA Required
- Deep understanding of standard costing
- Implementing and integrating financial systems
- Proficient with SQL
- Bridging managerial and corporate accounting
- Work directly with the founding team building the future of the company together
- Competitive salaries
- Work with amazing nonprofit partners, and make a real impact on millions of parents and kids
- Autonomous work environment
- Company sponsored happy hours
- Paid time off
- 401k with 3% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
We’ve been featured on the Today Show, BuiltInChicago and Forbes, among other publications.